Saturday, June 20, 2009

Taylor's Friday

What time is it? ...Shut up Taylor, you already made that joke.

No seriously, what time is it?

6 30

What?!?! Why am I awake?

This morning we went on a safari at 6 30 in the morning. I haven't woken up that early since school got out one month ago.
How did I wake up that early? Well, last night Callie and Lindsey agreed to wake Spencer and I up. Problem: They didn't
remember which room we were in. Solution: Yell out our names while wandering in the general area of where they thought our
room was. Solution Part 2: Knock on the wrong door and get some dude pissed off. Solution Part 3: Find the right door
and finally wake us up.

The safari was ok. We didn't really see much that we didn't see yesterday except for the flamingos. I spent most of the
ride in a daze, thinking "Why am I awake?", "What animals are awake right now?", "When will we eat breakfast?"

Breakfast was...delightful (surprise!) After that I went back to bed. Then something wonderful happened.

I woke up. Spencer wasn't in the room. I had no idea what time it was. I left the room and went to find people.
It was lunch time. That's right, I woke up because I sensed that there was food to be eaten.

After lunch I went with Lydia and Lindsey to Lydia's room to get some water for my water bottle. So we were chillin, maxin,
relaxin all cool. (Fresh Prince of Bel Air reference) The door was open because it's nice out. Suddenly, a baboon comes into
the door. It looked at us for a second (we were frozen, staring back) then it stole the coffee and sugar packets and left.
We ran out to see where it went and it had run up a hill leaving all but the sugar behind. Lydia was completely freaked out.
Lindsey went to get the sugar container because she's crazy like that. I just laughed at the whole situation.

Another safari later, it was dinner. Dinner was even better than the first lunch. They had chicken and lamb. I have never
been able to have good lamb before tonight. I ate 8 pieces of lamb and 6 drumsticks. I also found yet another use of mango
sauce. That's right I dipped lamb and chicken into the mango sauce. The awesomeness almost killed me. I didn't even bother
with desert because it wouldn't compare.

After dinner we had devotions and then I spent the rest of my night hanging wit my wodies (wodies means homies)
(homies means buddies) (buddies means friends).

What time is it? ...Taylor, this joke is not at all funny anymore. Seriously. If you make this again, then you won't get
any more mango sauce.

Ok, Sorry! I just want to know.

It's 2 am.

Oh man! I need to sleep! Goodnight!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Taylor,
I've been anxious to hear how things are and just read all of your posts. I'm laughing, I'm crying, I'm so thankful for you and proud of you. I was just rereading David Sedaris this morning, but your writing has just topped him.
Love, Mom