Saturday, June 20, 2009

Safari time! Taylor's most fun day yet!

What time is it? Adventure time!

This morning we left the IU house and drove to...well I don't know how to spell it but I'll just call it Olympus because it is
clearly a place where gods go to eat delicious food and go on a safari. When we first got here they greeted us with towels that smell
like good cough drops. You know, pleasantly minty with a hint of something that reminds you of what being sick is like. They also gave us
Passion Juice. It tastes like pineapple juice mixed with clementine juice. I didn't know you could do that. It's too good. Then we went to lunch.

...I...I...I..can't describe how wonderful it was. First things first, Mango Sauce. If I could drink it constantly for the
rest of my life, I would. If I could swim in of a pool of it, I would. If I could drown in said pool, I would without hesitation.
And that was just the desert. The lunch itself was almost as good. The potatoes were magical. Seriously. They can breath fire. The beef strogonoff
was also fantastic. (I don't even have a joke for that, it was just really good). I had 2 servings of each.

When lunch was over, we went to our room. On our way to the room we saw monkeys. Just chillin like it was no big deal for them to be around.
The room is clearly for a married couple. It's two dudes. It is two twin beds put together along with a seat of some kind by the window.
The mosquito net is also around the beds like a veil. I don't know why they put us in here. It is romantic though.

What time is it? Safari time!

That's right, we went on a Safari. It was so fun. Our vans have roofs that pop up so we can stand and look out. It's amazing.
We saw: Water Buffalo, Impala, Antelope, Monkeys, Water Buffalo, Rhinos, a Giraffe, Water Buffalo, Zebra, a Fish Eagle, Dragons and of course,
W-a Lion. The scenery is beautiful, the animals are beautiful, the people I'm with are ug- just kidding! There were 2 part that were especially
awesome.

**WARNING: THIS SECTION HAS GRAPHIC CONTENT**

We saw monkeys mating. Lindsey took A LOT of pictures.

**GRAPHIC CONTENT ENDS**

The even more awesome part was the lion. It looked like Simba's mom. Coincidentely, we saw 2 cubs that I assume were Simba and Naala.
We spent 15 minutes there. You already know Lindsey took A LOT, A LOT of pictures.

After the safari, we had dinner. Sadly it wasn't quite as good. Except the apple crisp which had the correct ratio of crisp to
apple (50-50 by the way).

That was the end of my day.

What time is it? Bed time!

No comments: