Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Past Few Days (Taylor)

We've been in Kisumu for a few days, and frankly the reason I haven't been writing anything is because, everything we've done hasn't been all that funny. I will give a brief overview of what we have done though.

The first day we were here we went to a school and had a church service. Unlike with most church services that I attend, I did not get to sleep. Also, it was basically an all day service. And by all day, I'm talking all day. Like 11 until 6. And I had to participate. It was a very strange new experience for me.

I also found out that if I sit in a seat with no backrest, my back will die.

Monday morning we went to visit Mama Sarah, President Obama's grandmother. I'm not sure how we got there because we drove on all back roads and got our directions from random pedestrians. But we eventually found her and we got to spend some time sitting and talking in a nice little circle.

After that we went to a school and played some football (not the touchdown, quarterback, John Madden's idiot commentary football. The football that is named correctly, where you actually use your foot to kick the ball.) It was Me, Dariel, Lindsey, Leah, Caroline, Lydia, Spencer and Mary Jo plus 2 boys from the school versus their girls team. I feel like they might have been going easy on us because we won. But maybe we're actually amazing...naw, they must have been not trying
at all. I ran more than I have in a long time. I ended up being out of breath for 30 minutes after we finished playing. That's not even an exaggeration. I really couldn't breathe. It's fine though, I need to exercise at least once a month or so.

So that's basically what we did.

No comments: