Sunday, June 14, 2009

So much to say and see... (Anne)

The youth have been writing throughout the day, but by the time evening came everyone was ready for bed! We'll get their posts up here tomorrow. This morning we spent time with my friend Esther who I met in Kenya a year and a half ago. Of course, they all fell in love with her! She even made them bracelets with their names beaded in! She is such a gift! :)

We met with Joe and Sarah Ellen in their home this evening. It was wonderful to be with them. When we arrived in Eldoret at the IU house this afternoon, we were welcomed by Amy Altemeyer and Lela Russell. It was strange to see such familiar faces in an unfamiliar land, but we appreciated it! The drive today was long and at times quite bumpy, but it was beautiful. I loved seeing Kenya through their eyes... they were enthralled with the large skies and varying landscapes. We even saw some zebras!

It's taking awhile to upload photos and the battery on the laptop is almost gone, so I'll upload more tomorrow!



4 comments:

Judy in Indiana said...

I am glad you are all well and arrived safely. It is nice also, to see photographic evidence of my new best friend Ava! I have been waiting for her for so long and am glad she is finally with us.

Anne, I am glad to hear you got to see Esther. How fun!

Kevin said...

Jambo everybody! Glad you made it to Kenya. I'm eager to see more pictures and hear more stories.

One request: Don't let Brian out of your sight or he'll try to find a golf course!

North Youth said...

Kevin- we already passed a golf course but he was asleep and missed it! :)

MaryAnn said...

Glad you arrived to the blue skies of Kenya. Enjoy the trip.

Mary Ann Moman